ADEA members are invited to nominate candidates for the Association’s 2017–18 Chair-elect of the ADEA Board of Directors. The ADEA Nominating Committee consists of the Immediate Past Chair of the ADEA Board of Directors, Huw F. Thomas, B.D.S., M.S., Ph.D., and the seven Board Directors.
Back row, left to right: Kim T. Isringhausen, B.S.D.H.,
RDH, M.P.H.; Timothy Treat; Richard W. Valachovic, D.M.D.,
M.P.H.; David M. Shafer,D.M.D.; Ryan Quock, D.D.S.
Front row, left to right: R. Lamont MacNeil, D.D.S., M.D.S.;
Leon Assael, D.M.D., C.M.M.; Cecile A. Feldman, D.M.D., M.B.A.;
Huw F. Thomas, B.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.; Joan E. Kowolik,
B.D.S., LDS, RCS Edin.; Not pictured: Harold S. (Buddy) Auten
The nominations process for the Chair-elect of the ADEA Board of Directors is as follows:
- A call for nominations is placed in the ADEA Bulletin of Dental Educationand the Journal of Dental Education.
- All members are invited to nominate as many individuals as they wish, including themselves.
- The ADEA Council Administrative Boards are also invited to nominate candidates; however, these boards will not be informed of the identity of the other candidates. In order to maintain confidentiality, only the ADEA Nominating Committee and ADEA President and CEO
will have knowledge of the identity of the names of persons nominated through this process.
- In addition to receiving nominations, the ADEA Nominating Committee may actively seek qualified candidates.
- Each nominee should submit a one-page biographical statement and a separate head-and-shoulders photograph by the Nov. 1, 2016 deadline.
- Between Nov. 2 and Dec. 1, 2016, the ADEA Nominating Committee will meet to recommend one or more candidates to stand for election.
- Delegates to the 2017 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in Long Beach, CA, will vote with secret ballots during the course of the Annual Session, and the 2017–18 ADEA Chair-elect of the Board will be announced at the Closing Session of the ADEA House of
Nominations, including a one-page
biographical statement and a separate head-and-shoulders photograph, should be
mailed by Nov. 1 in confidence to:
Richard W. Valachovic, D.M.D., M.P.H., ADEA President and CEO
Attn: Nominating Committee
655 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Published on April 13, 2016.