ADEA members are invited to nominate candidates for the Association’s 2015–16 Chair-elect of the ADEA Board of Directors. The ADEA Nominating Committee consists of the Immediate Past Chair of the ADEA Board of Directors, Stephen K. Young, D.D.S., M.S., and the seven Board Directors.
The nominations process for the Chair-elect of the ADEA Board of Directors is as follows:
- A call for nominations is placed in the Bulletin of Dental Education and the Journal of Dental Education.
- All members are invited to nominate as many individuals as they wish, including themselves.
- The ADEA Council Administrative Boards are also invited to nominate candidates; however, these boards will not be informed of the identity of the other candidates. In order to maintain confidentiality, only the ADEA Nominating Committee and ADEA President and CEO will have knowledge of the identity of the names of persons nominated through this process.
- In addition to receiving nominations, the ADEA Nominating Committee may actively seek qualified candidates.
- Each nominee should submit a one-page biographical statement and a separate head-and-shoulders photograph by the deadline of November 1, 2014.
- Between November 1 and December 31, 2014, the ADEA Nominating Committee will meet to recommend one or more candidates to stand for election.
- Delegates to the 2015 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in Boston, MA, will vote with secret ballots during the course of the Annual Session, and the 2015–16 ADEA Chair-elect of the Board will be announced at the Closing Session of the ADEA House of Delegates.
Nominations, with a one-page biographical statement and a separate head-and-shoulders photograph, should be mailed in confidence to:
Richard W. Valachovic, D.M.D., M.P.H., President and CEO
Attn: Nominating Committee
1400 K Street NW
Washington, DC, 20005