ADEA Application Services
ADEA offers applicants to dental, allied and advanced dental education programs a straight-forward and convenient process of applying to their chosen dental schools or programs via our four centralized application services.
- Apply to traditional D.D.S. or D.M.D. programs through
ADEA AADSAS® .
- Apply to advanced standing programs for internationally educated dentists through ADEA CAAPID®.
- Apply to dental hygiene programs through ADEA DHCAS®.
- Apply to advanced dental education programs through ADEA PASS®.
The four ADEA Centralized Application Services (CASs) will continue to function as scheduled.
The 2020-21 ADEA CAAPID® (ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists) application cycle is currently open and accepting applications.
The 2019-20 ADEA DHCAS® (ADEA Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service) application is open through August.
Both 2020-21 ADEA AADSAS® (ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service) and ADEA PASS® (ADEA Postdoctoral Application Support Service) will open as scheduled in May.
Additionally, we have received assurance from Liaison International that the CASs will continue to provide uninterrupted service to all constituents, therefore we do not expect any delays in processing applications.
A centralized application service (CAS) provides an online application utilized by multiple schools or programs the ability to streamline the application process. Applicants complete one application and send one set of required materials, specific to that CAS, specifying which schools or programs they wish to have those materials released to. Schools or programs then review the information provided, maintaining the responsibility of making decisions regarding admissions without input from the CAS. There are many benefits of applying through a CAS, including:
- Reduced Costs – Applicants no longer need multiple copies of their transcripts.
- Time Savings – Applicants only need to fill out one application and designate which schools receive the application instead of completing several different individual applications for each school or program.
- Dedicated Customer Service Line – Each CAS has trained staff to assist users with the application process.
- 24-hour Accessible Application – Each CAS has a convenient, web-based application with a responsive design able to be accessed from any device with internet connection at any time.
- Immediate Status Updates – Applicants and programs have the ability to check the status of an application and any supporting materials provided to the CAS.