The 2021-22 ADEA AADSAS® (ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service) application will open on May 11 and submissions will open on June 1.
Applicants can use the extra weeks to begin completing, reviewing and strengthening the application before submitting in June.
ADEA AADSAS Application Updates
Each year, ADEA AADSAS participating dental schools agree to make modifications to the process and application.
In the 2021-22 cycle, here are the changes applicants can expect to see:
- Letters of Evaluation - Applicants can provide up to four total letters, regardless if they choose to submit a composite/committee letter. This is a change from previous cycles where a composite/committee letter took the space of three individual letters.
- Fees – Application fees for the 2021-22 cycle are $259 for the first designation and $112 for each additional designation.
As you are at home practicing social distancing, put your best (virtual) foot forward with these steps:
- Review your resume to ensure all experiences are included
- Write a strong essay about why you are choosing this profession
- Connect with faculty and advisors who will become your evaluators. Ask if their processes for writing evaluations have changed.
- Gather materials to submit for the ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistance Program, if eligible. Updates will be made available in the Help Center