How has the COVID-19 pandemic changed the ADEA PASS process?
ADEA PASS has not made any changes to its operations. Applicants are still required to complete the application as intended and information will be available to programs in WebAdMIT.
One new, optional question invites applicants to share how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected their preparation for applying to residency programs.
My program has a change. How do I make the change in ADEA PASS?
There are two places where changes can be made, the Search Engine and the Configuration Portal. Changes might include extending a deadline, changing interview procedures or updating requirements and expected enrollment. Changes can be made in the following ways:
Changes can be made in following
- Search Engine – Programs can make changes to all data points in their Search Engine profile at any time.
For assistance, please email ADEAPASS@adea.org.
To make these changes:
Configuration Portal – Also known as Program Materials, this portal provides program profiles within the ADEA PASS application.
- Log in to the ADEA PASS Program Pages.
- Username and password.
While questions, document requests and deadlines cannot be changed, a program can update the text on its Home Page.
To do so:
- Log in to WebAdMIT.
- Navigate to “CAS Configuration Portal” via the Management Tab.
My program is closing or unable to accept residents for the Class of 2023. How do I close the program in ADEA PASS?
It is important that you notify ADEA PASS as soon as possible.
If your program is inactive, please complete and submit the ADEA PASS Inactive Program Form.
What should my program have under consideration during this unprecedented year?
ADEA has been in contact with schools, programs, students and advisory groups. Through these conversations, we have compiled a list of considerations for programs:
- Dental schools might be giving students pass/fail grades for the Spring 2022 semester. Alternatively, dental schools might designate Spring 2022 as “in-progress,” which will affect an applicant’s GPA and/or class rank.
- Administrations of the Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT) and National Board Dental Exam (NBDE) were interrupted in March and April. For updates on when the tests will begin to be administered again, please visit the NBDE General Information website.
- Travel restrictions might continue through the fall, so some dental education programs are turning to electronic interviews. Technology such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams are useful in continuing the admissions process while institutions are closed and travel is limited.
Where should I send applicants who have questions about completing the ADEA PASS application?
Representatives are available Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time, by phone at (617) 612-2065 or by email at email@example.com.
Where can I network with colleagues to see how others are conducting admissions this year?
All advanced dental education faculty are eligible to join the ADEA Council of Advanced Education Programs (COAEP). ADEA COAEP members can join the online community on ADEA Connect and post discussion topics.
Sign up at connect.adea.org/home.
I have non-ADEA PASS related questions. What resources are available?