5 Questions With ... Adriana Reppell
Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine
1. If you could change one thing about dental education (or dentistry) with a snap of your fingers, what would that be?
I would want to fix the misconception that low-income populations don’t care about their oral health. I’d hope that practitioners recognize that the real barrier is the lack of preventive resources.
2. What’s the one piece of advice you would give to anyone in dental school?
Know that you are worthy. It’s so easy to get down on yourself when you compare yourself to classmates, lab bench-mates or study buddies. Try to remind yourself that everyone grows and learns at different rates.
3. What’s your philosophy in 10 words or less?
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
4. What’s something you think you’ll never understand?
Attachment loss, ha ha!
5. If you could be in any movie, what part would you want to play?
Kirsten Dunst in Jumanji. Being on set with Robin Williams and mystical jungle creatures ... Count me in!