5 Questions With ... Burke Soffe
Burke Soffe, D.M.D.
Director of Clinical Education
Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine -
South Jordan, Utah
1. What are you most proud of professionally?
I am most proud of my professional identity as a dentist AND educator. I am very proud of my education and development as a clinician AND an academic, and doing both makes me proud and excited every day.
2. In 10 years, the biggest change about dental education (or dentistry) will be …
Efficiency. I believe that efficiency in dentistry will improve with the increased utilization (and patient expectation) of technology. Additionally, I expect that the efficiency of dental education will improve to train competent, practice-ready professionals more efficiently.
3. What gives you the most satisfaction professionally?
Being part of a team working to solve problems and empowering others to develop and grow.
4. What’s your favorite vacation spot—and why?
Playa la Misión in Baja California, Mexico. It is a beautiful, quiet beach and I crave the tacos in la Misión all year.
5. What’s one thing people would be surprised to learn about you?
I am an introvert. I recharge with quiet, alone time.