ADEA/MouthWatch Predoctoral Dental Student Scholarship for Innovation
The ADEA/MouthWatch Predoctoral Dental Student Scholarship for Innovation is offered to dental students who are committed to advancing the dental profession. Applicants must have completed at least one year of an accredited dental program in the United States or Canada.
The scholarship is open to full-time students pursuing a career in dentistry who demonstrate professional excellence and strive to make a difference in the profession of dentistry. The scholarship recognizes students who demonstrate leadership, dedication to care and an appreciation of the role of innovation in providing more effective care.
Use your MyADEA Login to sign in.
One student who has completed at least one year of an accredited predoctoral dental program in the United States or Canada and is in good academic standing will receive $1,000.
An applicant must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited predoctoral dental program in the United States or Canada, having completed at least one year of the program.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Demonstrate achievements in research, community service, leadership, personal growth, etc. that relate to career goals.
- Be an ADEA Individual Member.
Applications must be received by Nov. 1, 2021.
Application Process Checklist
Applicants must submit the following items by Nov. 1, 2021.
- A letter of recommendation from a dental faculty member addressing the candidate’s qualities.
- A summary of the insights gained from achievements in research, community service, leadership, personal growth, etc. that relate to the candidate’s career goals.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Transcripts obtained from the candidate’s school registrar verifying academic standing.
Notification Date and Award Announcement
Scholarship recipients and applicants not receiving awards will be notified by Feb. 1, 2022.
Awards will be announced during the 2022 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition, March 19–22, 2022.
Mr. Eric Lund
ADEA Professional Development Manager