Dental School Applicant Quick Guide
The ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS®) is the centralized application service for U.S. dental schools.
ADEA AADSAS simplifies the application process, allowing you to save time and energy by completing just one application for multiple dental schools.
Download the Dental School Applicant Quick Guide.
All U.S. dental schools participate in ADEA AADSAS and require it as the primary application. Texas residents applying to Texas dental schools, though, will need to apply through the
Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS).
Foreign-educated dental graduates interested in completing an advanced standing program at a U.S. dental school will need to apply through the
ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID).
Highlights/ Important Notes
- Read all of the 2022-23 ADEA AADSAS application instructions carefully before you apply. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to your advisor.
- It is important to read the 2022-23 FAP Instructions carefully.
- Speaking of advisors, you should make sure to meet with your health professions advisor before beginning the application, as he or she can provide guidance for all of the areas of the application, facilitate the process of gathering letters of evaluation and help you manage your application timeline.
- ADEA AADSAS applications will not be processed until all official undergraduate transcripts are received.
Official transcripts should be sent to:
ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9110
Watertown, MA 02471
If using express mail, send to:
ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Center c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street, Suite 15
Watertown, MA 02472
- After the ADEA AADSAS application, fee payment and official transcripts are received, it usually takes about four to six weeks to process an application. Check the status of your application regularly to make sure there is nothing holding up the process.
- Check with your designated dental schools to make sure you fulfill all of their individual supplemental application requirements.
- APPLY EARLY! We suggest submitting your application during the summer. Do not wait until deadlines approach to submit your application. Each dental school has its own application deadline. ADEA AADSAS does not send your application to a school if your application is received by ADEA AADSAS after the school's deadline.
ADEA AADSAS IMPORTANT DATES
May 10, 2022: 2022-23 ADEA AADSAS application and the ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistance Program (FAP) paperless opens.
May 24-25, 2022: ADEA GoDental Virtual Fair. FREE online event. Applicants can chat with over 60+ dental schools.
June 1, 2022: First day to submit your 2022-23 ADEA AADSAS application.
Aug. 15, 2022 – Sept. 30, 2022: Academic Update period (1st academic period)
Dec. 1, 2022 – Feb. 2, 2023: Academic Update period (2nd academic period)
Dec. 15, 2022: The 2022-23 cycle dental school acceptance notification date
Feb. 2, 2023: 2022-23 ADEA AADSAS closes
Feb. 9, 2023: Last day to submit all official documents to ADEA AADSAS.
ADEA AADSAS Applicant Customer Service
Available Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time (except Federal Holidays)